2310 Edgemere Drive
Rochester, NY 14612
Website: Brian Wolf on MyPortfolio
Q-Tran/Tremaine Inc. | Milford, CT
Industrial Design Intern — July, 2019 — March, 2020
• Responsible for the development of upcoming lighting products from sketching to prototyping. Utilized 3D modeling and printing under the direction of my supervisor to test product design. Assisted with creating updated renders for previous product designs, and finalized build books for production in the field. Aided in the final design process of products by suggesting changes that would make the product more practical for the average consumer.
Assa Abloy | New Haven, CT
Senior Studio Project: Fall 2019
• Tasked to create an anti-ligature door knob/handle for mental hospitals to prevent the patients from harming themselves using the door knob. Utilized the provided research and problem-solving techniques to generate possible product ideas. Sketching phase in order to generate ideas and collaborate with classmates for feedback. Implemented Solidworks for 3D analysis and creation of a matching card reader and coin turn system for the door. Finalized the prototype and created a model for Keyshot to show the range of materials that could be used.
New York Auto Safety Competition | New York, NY
Black Ice Reduction Bridge: Spring 2019
• Design process for this project required looking at the end goal from many different perspectives to best determine how to create an optimal final result. Research shows that due to airflow on all sides of the bridge this makes the surface temperature drop faster than the rest of the roads. To solve the problem of black ice on bridges an array of thermometers would monitor ground and air temperature to indicate the need for a warming process. Using a permeable concrete that would allow the water to flow under the road down into the rest of the drainage system, keeps water from ponding on the surface. Based off a Solidworks model, a scale model was created to show the concept.
Shintaro Akatsu School of Design (SASD) | Bridgeport, CT
Computer Monitor: Fall 2016 — Spring 2018
Print Lab Assistant: Fall 2018 — Present
• Assist UB students with 3D printing, laser cutting and print on a large format scale for academic and personal projects.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc | Rochester, NY
Storefront: August 2014 — Present
• Perform a variety of tasks focusing on customer service, specifically handling cash and credit transactions.
University of Bridgeport Shintaro Akatsu School of Design
Major: Industrial Design, GPA: 3.6 Expected Graduation: May, 2020
President’s List/Dean’s List
• Solidworks, NX
• 3D Rendering (Keyshot)
• Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Industrial Designers Society of America: Member Fall 2017 to Present
• Thought at Work: Fall 2017 & 2018, Attend convention held at Rochester Institute of Technology to meet with designers from around the globe and other students to learn about current trends in the design world.
• 48 Hour Repack: Spring 2018, Participate as a member of a team competing to create a new packaging design, advert, and commercial for a product within a 48-hour period.