My name is Nicole Medina, and I chose to use my thesis project to shed light on Expressive Arts Therapy. Expressive Arts Therapy is a Psychological profession that integrates writing, art, music, movement, role-play, etc, with counseling and talk-therapy. I wanted to create an educational campaign with posters, social media presence, as well as an online platform for people to share their stories the way they choose to express it.
The website includes submission boxes for pictures, stories, and even music references.The website is also an educational site with information regarding the therapy, resources, and blog posts for more information. I created a mock Spotify playlist for users to share their musical recommendations, and a podcast offering info and simple techniquesto try at home.
Nicole Medina Leon
A creative professional looking to offer and utilize my skill set in Design and Psychology.
Psychosocial Media | California | Aug 2019 – Present
• Creating digital content for email and website.
• Editorial and proofreading tasks.
• Distributing monthly e-newsletters and event emails.
• Formating/Designing email and event templates.
• Working with Google Drive, Dropbox, and mailchimp.
Marketing and Promotions Intern
Townsquare Media | Brookfield | May 2015 – Sept 2015
• Monthly PSAs, weekly YouTube videos, Podcast episodes, and event planning.
• Video editing, Audio editing, and photography skills for website and Youtube content.
• Creating content for blog posts, station website, and social media.
• Filing documents, advertisment, event work, and gathering research.
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Audition
• Adobe premiere Pro
• Adobe Lightroom
• Adobe Dreamweaver
• Microsoft Suite
• Customer Service
University of Bridgeport, BFA in Graphic Design, Minor in Psychology, May 2020
• Hanyang University, Study Abroad. Seoul, South Korea, July 2019
• Coursework in Industrial Design
• Honors Program
• Presidents List
• Gilman International Scholarship Recipient.
Naugatuck Valley Community College, Associates in Digital Arts technology, Minor concentration in Fine Arts, May 2018
• Honors Institute Program
• Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
• Alpha Beta Gamma (Tau Chapter)